Saturday, February 21, 2009

CRM 4.0 Registration Problems with On Disk

I was working to install an workflow assembly. I was using the disk option, so I could debug the code. I build the code from the same server that I was installing from. The code that I was building was originally developed on another VPC. The VPC had a CRM installation the was upgraded from 3.0. This VPC was a fresh CRM 4.0 installation.

So, I navigated to the directory and grabbed it. I specified to go to disk and clicked "Register Selected Plugin."



The error returned is:
Unhandled Exception: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
Detail: 0x80044191
Assembly can not be loaded from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\server\bin\assembly\WorkflowMerge.dll.



When trying to do an install to database it went in fine. However, registering from disk wouldn't go. It ends up that the file needs to be stored in that exact directory or it returns the error. I didn't realize that it wasn't storing it in the right directory because of differences between environments.

Default location for storing assemblies assemblies on CRM 4.0 when upgraded from 3.0:
  • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server\Server\bin\assembly\
Default location for storing assemblies assemblies on CRM 4.0 when a fresh CRM 4.0 installation:
  • C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Server\bin\assembly\.

No comments: